The Hermitage Bay Antigua is surrounded by beautiful tropical gardens next to a sandy beach, as well as 140 acres of lush mangroves and undeveloped land on the hillside with a stunning view of the natural Hermitage Bay on the west coast of Antigua. It is perfect for romantic getaways and destination weddings. Our detailed review below should give you all the information you need about the 5-star resort Hermitage Bay Antigua.
Accommodation Type: 5-star Hotel
No. of Rooms & Suites: 30 suites
Pricing: starting at $1,063
High season: November through April
Nearest airport. V. C. Bird International Airport (ANU)
Suitable for: romantic getaways and destination weddings
- 2017 TripAdvisor Top 25 in the Caribbean for 4 categories: Service, Luxury, Romance and Small Hotels
- 2017 Condé Nast World Traveler The Gold List (The 100 best hotels in the world)
- 2016 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Hall of Fame
The Hermitage Bay Antigua has 30 suites set in private cottages with 13 suites on the beach and 17 on the hillside to give guests the best view of the bay and maximize privacy.
The purpleheart, greenheart and other woods used in the construction of the suites came from sustainably managed forests in Guyana. Therefore, the suites feature the richness of the wooden floors and furniture complemented by creamy white walls, ivory cushions, and white linens. The slatted louver windows allow the tropical Caribbean breezes to enter the suites.
- Dining: Guests can enjoy breakfast, lunch, or dinner on the patio, under the almond trees by the beach. In addition, at night, the candle-lit lounge is the place to gather before or after dinner for canapés, drinks, coffee, and dancing. The gourmet restaurant serves a varied 5-star menu with a mixture of modern European cuisine, Caribbean favorites, and American classics. At night, the restaurant is transformed with more subtle lighting, candles, a drapery, and live music. Moreover, for couples, a more intimate candle-lit dinner with a private waiter is available on the beach at the water’s edge or in the room.
- Organic kitchen garden: In order to serve the best and freshest ingredients and to support local businesses, the Hermitage Bay resort is continuing to expand their locally sourced and organic food offerings, which includes their own on-site organic kitchen garden.
- Wellbeing: The resort has a garden spa for health, fitness, and well-being, there are also in-suite treatments available, and a fully-equipped fitness center. Guests can also enjoy early morning yoga and meditation sessions on the spa deck, as well as early morning Pilates sessions, and individual yoga and Pilates sessions scheduled at their own leisure for a fee.
The Hermitage Bay resort offers many activities for their guests. For example, once a week, the resort has a free cooking demonstration on the deck by the pool. However, reservations are recommended. Guests at the resort also have the unique opportunity to take a tour of the farm of one of the resort’s local tropical fruit suppliers.
Moreover, all rooms have outdoor showers, ceiling fans, air-conditioning, flat screen televisions, DVD players, Wi-Fi, and an iPod docking station or a smartphone USB connection.
V. C. Bird International Airport (ANU) is about 8 kilometers from the capital of St. John, that is about 30 minutes from the resort. Guests can take a taxi, hire a limousine, or rent a car in order to arrive at the resort.
Moreover, the Hermitage Bay resort is 10 minutes from the Jolly Habour marina. Also, in the capital of St. John they can find restaurants, shops, golf and tennis courts. In addition, they can also go on full and half day deep sea fishing excursions, diving charters, catamaran cruises, and private boat charters to Bird Island, Green Island, and Cades Reef can be arranged at the front desk. Guests can also enjoy snorkeling, windsurfing, paddle boards, kayaking, Hobie cats, and sunfish.
Main Attractions Around the Hermitage Bay Antigua
Carribean Helicopters Ltd is located at the V. C. Bird International Airport. They offer a variety of breath-taking tours over Antigua, with a seating capacity of 4-6 passengers.
Adventure Antigua offers a variety of tours around Antigua, including snorkeling, sailing, and beachcombing. Also, their eco-tour through the reefs and mangroves with Eli Fuller is highly recommended.
Address: Dickenson Bay, Saint John’s, Antigua and Barbuda
Antigua Rainforest Zip Line Tour has provided zip line tours through the rainforest for guests from 4 to 99 years of age. Moreover, the staff provides state of the art equipment, water and a certificate of achievement upon completion.
Address: Fig Tree Drive Antigua and Barbuda
Segway Antigua offers tours of sites and beaches around Antigua on Segways. So when you complete these three tours, you can say that you have seen Antigua from the land, sea, and air.
Address: Fort James, Woods Centre, St. John’s, Antigua
All in all, The Hermitage Bay Antigua is a perfect romantic getaway for couples and for small, intimate destination weddings. Located in the Caribbean on the west coast of Antigua, the resort mainly caters to couples. So book your reservation at the Hermitage Bay in Antigua and then share your experience with us when you get back home. Another beautiful Carribean destination with incredibly lush landscapes you might want to consider is the Four Seasons Nevis Resort, in the West Indies.