The Intercontinental Miami Hotel in Florida attracts a continuous stream of families with children, couples in search of a romantic time, tourists, and business people. Therefore, if you find yourself in one of these categories, you’re in luck because the hotel was renovated in 2012 and now it offers even better services than before.
Strategically and perfectly placed in downtown Miami, the Intercontinental will give you the chance to have a very successful vacation in a spectacular setting. Here is a detailed review of the Intercontinental Miami Hotel in Florida, complete with pictures, facilities, amenities, and complimentary activities.
Accommodation type: 4-star hotel
No. of Rooms & Suites: 641
Pricing: starts at $115
High season: May to September
Nearest airport: Miami International Airport
Suitable for: couples, honeymooners, families with children, tourists, business people
- Number two in Top Places to Work in South Florida in 2016 according to the Sun Sentinel
- Cvent’s Top 100 Meeting Hotels in all of the United States
- Top 50 Places to Eat in Miami in 2015 on Yelp for the restaurant Toro Toro
- Family Vacation Critic Favorite Hotel in 2015
- Winner of the 2014 20th Annual GMBHA Inn Key Award for Waste Reduction and Recycling
This massive hotel numbers 641 rooms and no less than 34 floors. Consequently, it’s a tower in downtown Miami which is impossible not to spot. The best part of the hotel has obviously been built for business, seeing as it has a cavernous official lobby and some 286,557 square feet of meeting rooms.
However, that doesn’t mean other types of guests will not feel welcomed here. In fact, right as you walk in, you notice just how eclectic the crowds living there really are. From families with little children to school groups, business people and couples in search of a few romantic moments.
The Intercontinental Miami Hotel is located right near the water, which makes for some pretty awesome vistas from the rooms. And speaking of the rooms, they are decorated in a modern and colorful style, without being too bold. The palette they used is beautiful and the rooms are also filled with up-to-date technology.
The great thing about the rooms and which most guests enjoy is the fact they are flooded with light. The large windows overlook the Biscayne Bay and downtown Miami, which make for some incredible vistas.
- All the rooms have either two double beds or a king size one, depending on their availability and on what you request.
- There is available WiFi, although it’s not free and you have to request it and pay a fee.
- You can also find a minibar in each room for your use
- The room service is non-stop
- iPod docks with an alarm clock which you can use for free
- A coffeemaker in each room
- Large bathroom with European marble
- The Club Level Rooms have even more amenities, such as access to the Club Lounge which has free WiFi, a continental breakfast every day, hors d’oeuvres in the evenings and access to the health club.
- Apart from the many rooms, the hotel also has 34 suites. Two of these, also called the Presidential Suites were designed by Venus Williams, a famous tennis player.
When it comes to eating at the Intercontinental Miami Hotel, guests have the following options.
- The Blue Water Restaurant, which overlooks the Biscayne Bay. Tip – the restaurant only serves seafood for lunch. However, you can still go there for drinks after working hours.
- Toro Toro is very famous in the area. It has won numerous awards for its food as well as its wine options. They serve South American foods, all throughout the day.
- Table 40 is a so-called Chef’s Table Option. It can only fit 14 tables, and it is cooked for by Chef Alexander Feher himself.
- Ole is yet another great restaurant. And here’s another tip – it only serves breakfast. However, guests can rent it for parties if they so desire and like the space. Their food is a la carte solely, and the dishes are made from natural local ingredients only. It can also serve a buffet.
- Starbucks is right onsite at the Intercontinental Miami Hotel
- Room service is also available in case you want to order some food and have it brought up to your room.
- A very small garden where you can relax, work or enjoy a book or a drink
- Small putting range
- A pool which is not large, but decent-sized
- A full-service spa which, although not very large, can accommodate the guests. It has sauna rooms, steam rooms, and provides access to the gym for a fee.
- Fitness center
- Valet parking
- A business center which is open around the clock
- Housekeeping on a daily basis
- A computer station for those in need
- Free designer toiletries
- The rollaway or extra beds are available as well for free
- Guests may also request either adjoining or connecting rooms if they wish
You can arrive in Miami via the Miami International Airport Station Southbound. From there on, there are several ways in which you can get to the Intercontinental Miami Hotel. You can drive your personal car, which will take approximately 10 minutes, depending on the traffic. Renting a car will get you there in the same amount of time.
You can also take the bus, which is bound to arrive in 20 minutes. The train is a bit longer, making the hotel in 30 minutes. A taxi will get you there in under 15 minutes, and it will cost between $16 and $20. There is also the Bus Megabus, which costs between $3 and $12 and it arrives at the Intercontinental Hotel in 50 minutes.
Main Attractions Around the Intercontinental Miami Hotel
· Downtown Miami
Here is where you can see Miami’s bustling life and experience the city just like the locals do. Take a walk down its streets to get the real Miami vibe.
· The Port of Miami
This is the Cruise Capital of the World. Therefore, you should not miss it while you enjoy your stay at the hotel. You can sit a while and enjoy a nice cup of coffee while you see all the ships and containers coming in and out of the port.
· The Vizcaya Museum and Gardens
Their location is at a 30-minute walk from the Intercontinental Hotel. The site in itself is centered around a villa belonging to the Italian Renaissance style. Its building year is 1916 and it was the winter residence of James Deering, an industrialist. In addition, you can simply walk around and visit it, or you can have lunch there and enjoy some yoga classes in the gardens.
· The Patricia And Phillip Frost Museum of Science
It will reopen early in 2017, which gives you just enough time to get to know with what they now call the ‘Frost Science.’
· Jungle Island
Stands proud a mere 30 minutes’ walk away from the Intercontinental Miami Hotel. If you are on vacation with the little ones, this is not a place to miss. This zoological park is interactive, meaning that children can come in contact with the animals and learn all there is to know about them, all in a fun experience.
Intercontinental Miami Hotel’s Main Attraction
The main attraction when it comes to the Intercontinental Miami Hotel is its spa and beauty center. Reviewers and guests rave about it in the online world, saying it is the best and most relaxing spa they have ever been to. The staff will make you feel right at home, and the treatments are amazing.
All the visits start with a complimentary glass of champagne. Apart from that, you may also get a facial, a massage or a manicure if you so desire.
Whether you come for to Miami on business, on vacation, with your family or your partner, be sure to check into the lovely Intercontinental Miami Hotel. Its restaurants and spa will make you feel like it was all worth it.