Kauai is a breathtakingly beautiful place which is part of the Hawaiian islands. The beauty of this forgotten island is not difficult to see. Volcanic peaks tucked away within lush forests, magnificent plant sprouts more beautiful than dreams, and the vast Pacific Ocean with coral blue reflections which surround this mysterious stretch of land make it the perfect destination for a luxurious holiday on a budget in Kauai.
Like every travel destination in Hawaii, Kauai is quite expensive, and studies have shown that an average family spends approximately 650 dollars a day for food and accommodations. However, there are ways to enjoy a luxurious holiday on a budget in Kauai.
- The first thing you should know is that, like every Pacific Island, the greatest cost will be to get there. Airfares to Kauai are expensive, so you need to plan ahead and search for the best deals for the U.S. West Coast. There are also certain airlines which offer discounts.
- As soon as you get there you will have to look for a place to stay. Although there are some cheap hotels, they usually have poor amenities. It is best to look for alternative lodging places, like a condo or a cottage which are usually equipped with a basic kitchen, a fridge, and a microwave. Places like this one hover around 65 dollars per night. There are also some places which offer an extra day free if you book an entire week. If you are traveling with an extended family you will find great places to comfortably house your children or relatives.
- Getting around can be also expensive if you do not plan ahead. The most popular way of getting around in Kauai is by renting a convertible car. This way you can explore every part of the island. Keep in mind that the northern part of the island is extremely rainy, and rainstorms can start all of a sudden. The south and west shores, on the other hand, receive less rain and are more suitable for convertibles.
- Food won’t be a problem if you decide to go for a cottage or condo. That way you can buy ingredients from markets or shops, and prepare them at home. You can also have a barbecue, invite some friends, play some board games and have a lot of fun.
- As far as activities are concerned, like in everyday life, the best things are almost free. If you have a rental car you can drive to the Holo Holo Koloa Scenic Byway and enjoy the beautiful scenery. Alternatively, you can buy some simple snorkeling gear or surf boards and play with the waves.
Anyone who has ever been to Hawaii before will tell you that the most beautiful parts about this place are the nature and culture, which do not cost a thing. The only things you have to pay for are the plane tickets, the accommodations, and the car. After that you can enjoy your luxurious holiday on a budget in Kauai.