The Palazzo Resort Hotel and Casino really deserves its name. To say that it is a palace is actually a euphemism because this hotel surpasses even the wildest of imaginations. Until 2015, it was the largest hotel in the world. The Palazzo Las Vegas Hotel is also famous for being the single biggest building in the United States, outclassing the Pentagon, which used to be number one.
Palazzo is located on the famous Las Vegas Strip. It is also capable of providing the largest accommodations on the Strip. For every guest room, they offer 720 square feet. The building is also the tallest in Las Vegas, which is saying something! Here is a review of this beautiful hotel, complete with accommodations, ways to travel to the hotel, attractions on site and around it and much, much more!
Accommodation type: 5-star hotel
No. of Rooms & Suites: 3,068 rooms and 375 suites at Concierge level, 50 floors
Pricing: starts at $178 for single rooms
High season: Weekends and special events such as New Year’s Eve, Christmas, the Superbowl, etc.
Nearest airport: McCarran International Airport (LAS), 4.5 miles
Suitable for: couples, honeymooners, families, corporate events, bachelor/bachelorette parties, gambling enthusiasts
- Forbes Four Star by Forbes Travel Guide
- “Most Comfortable Hotel Beds in America” – Top 20 by Travel + Leisure
- Readers Choice Award (#7) in 2014 and 2015 by Conde Nast Traveler
- Best Vegas Hotels (#9) in 2015 by TripAdvisor
- World’s Most Extraordinarily Designed Hotel by editors of TripAdvisor in 2015
- Best Hotel Rooms in Vegas by Oyster in 2014
- Hall of Fame Inductee by Meetings and Conventions Magazine
- 2016 Restaurant Wine List Awards – Wine Spectator
- Best Comedy Show by Las Vegas Review Journal
- Best Band by Broadwayworld Las Vegas in 2012
In case you are the type who enjoys the finer things in life, Palazzo Las Vegas is the place for you. It is by far one of the largest hotels in the world. It spreads across 875,000 square feet and it has over 3,000 rooms which are available for all seasons. Their prices range from one season to another, and they are always higher during the weekends than between Sunday and Thursday. The Hotel also has an absolutely stunning entrance where guests are welcomed dome covers its lobby, and it has a working water fountain which stretches several feet in the air.
As if that wasn’t enough, Palazzo also has an indoor Venetian canal where guests can enjoy gondola rides in the la dolce vita Italian style. In fact, everything in the hotel, including the rooms, are decorated in Italian fashion, with sunken living rooms and luxurious bathrooms with Roman tubs.
Its casino is also one of the largest in the world. It provides some 140 types of games for guests to enjoy at all times, video poker machines and slots. Naturally, all the rooms are smoke-free.
Palazzo houses a spectacular Barneys New York, which is over 85,000 square feet in size. It also has the first ever Lamborghini dealership on the Las Vegas Strip. Therefore, if you want to do a little bit of shopping for a fast and luxurious car while you’re enjoying your stay at the hotel, you can.
If not, you can always chat up the celebrities that also visit and stay at the Palazzo. Some examples include Casey Affleck, Katy Perry, Joaquin Phoenix, and Lauren Conrad who celebrated her birthday there.
If everything else was done to perfection and with a sense of luxury in mind at this hotel, why would the facilities be any different? Here are some examples of the amazing services you can find at the Palazzo Las Vegas.
- Deluxe bathrooms decorated in Roman style with pools and water fountains
- The Canyon Ranch Spa Club, which offers traditional saunas, Swedish saunas, salon services, skin care, Turkish hammams for both men and women, and experiential rain showers, among others.
- 160 stores, all high end
- A Venetian indoor canal.
As far as restaurants go, let’s put it like this. If Julia Child herself wanted to cook in a place, the Palazzo would have been it. Therefore, you can enjoy your meals at the following establishments.
- Cut, managed and cooked for by celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck
- SushiSamba which combines Brazilian and Peruvian flavors and cooks everything using Japanese techniques
- Carnevino, where none other than Mario Batali, the best chef in the world cooks, and which is for the refined taste buds of people who enjoy matured beef
- Table 10, where Emeril Lagasse cooks in an old and hearty Creole style
If you’re not in Vegas to raid the casinos and you want to share in some complimentary activities as well, there is no need to worry. Palazzo has these in abundance as well.
- Gondola rides both indoors and outdoors of the Palazzo Las Vegas
- You can go for a swim in one of Palazzo’s seven pools
- Take a hot soak in one of the four hot tubs available
- Go to the street performances in St. Mark’s Square, which tries and succeeds to replicate the amazing Italian atmosphere one can only find and feel in Venice
Getting to the hotel itself is easy as well. You can arrive in Las Vegas from any part of the country on the McCarran Airport. From there on, you can rent a car or take a taxi as the hotel stands a mere 4.5 miles away from the airport.
The Palazzo Las Vegas Hotel has a free underground parking lot that can house up to 4,000 vehicles. It also has a motorcycle section, in case you want to drive around Vegas on your bike. The property was also fitted with a total of 13 electric plugs for guests who have or want to rent electric cars.
Palazzo has also partnered up with a rent a car service and limo service. However, it also offers free shuttle services to and from the airport for guests who are Gold and Platinum members of the Grazie® Loyalty Program plus one guest.
Main Attractions around the Palazzo Las Vegas Hotel
The hotel’s main attraction is the Palazzo Las Vegas Waterfall Atrium. It rises high on multiple stories, it has a skylight in the shape of a dome, and all the exotic flowers you never even dreamed existed. Every season, the atrium receives lavish decorations. The Chinese New Year is a plus decoration-wise, and you shouldn’t miss it.
The spot is located right at the entrance of the Grand Canal Shoppes at the Palazzo. If you want to know just how fabulous it is, imagine that their team of horticulturists pulled all the stops when they celebrated the first ever Carnivale di Venezia. They built a few topiary women who were nine feet tall and dressed in long Venetian Carnival Gowns.
As if that wasn’t enough, the gowns were built out of tens of thousands of flowers. They change them every month, so as to show how the seasons pass.
During your stay, if you feel the need to leave the resort and look for some other type of entertaining, feel free to do so, as the area presents a lot of attractions. Here are some of them.
- Feed the bookworm in you and go to the Bauman Rare Books shop, which is right near the Palazzo Las Vegas itself
- Visit the Las Vegas Exotic Cars Museum where they allow you to drive some of the cars.
- Go to The Grand Canal Shoppes at The Venetian, which recreate the atmosphere of a traditional commercial Venetian square
- Take a gondola ride inside or outside the hotel
- Visit the Marvel Avengers S.T.A.T.I.O.N., which is within walking distance of the hotel
- Check out your favorite celebrities at the Madame Tussauds Wax Museum
- Go for a spin in the High Roller, Las Vegas’ ‘Eye’
- Stroll down the Walk of Stars in Vegas, where you can see the stars of Elvis, Frank Sinatra, Michael Jackson, Dean Martin, Gloria Estefan or Engelbert Humperdinck.
If you are the kind of person who seeks elegance, luxury, and sophistication when on holiday, then The Palazzo Las Vegas Casino and Resort is the place for you. Located right in the heart of Las Vegas on the Strip, the Palazzo offers you everything your heart desires and keeps you close to the entire Vegas. Viva Las Vegas!