Terranea Resort is perched quietly and elegantly above the Pacific Ocean. Its setting is absolutely incomparable since it is located on a stretch of land that goes well into the ocean itself. Therefore, all the housing buildings at the Terranea Resort have a 270-degree view of the Pacific, no matter where you choose to stay. The resort is also very conveniently located between two airports, Long Beach and Los Angeles International. Apart from that, you can easily get from Terranea to Hollywood and Disneyland via the highway.
Accommodation type: Resort
No. of Rooms & Suites: 326 guest rooms and 34 suites
Pricing: starts at $395 for single rooms
High season: Summer months, Christmas
Nearest airport: Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and Long Beach Airport (LGB)
Suitable for: couples, honeymooners, weddings, families, golfers, food lovers, hikers
- Third Best Resort in California in 2012 by Conde Nast Traveler
The Terranea Resort is a luxurious hotel, conveniently placed in the Rancho Palos Verdes area. When it comes to hotels in all of the Los Angeles area, there is really none that can compare to the luxury, homeliness, comfort, and location that the Terranea Resort can provide. It has 326 rooms and 34 suites and it lavishly sprawls on more than 100 acres.
Unlike all the others hotels, inns, and resorts in the area, the thing that sets Terranea apart is its natural conditions. It offers a real incursion in nature, with lots of fresh air, hiking trails on the property and a lovely sea breeze.
The resort strives to embrace the history of the area, which began back in 1827 when Don Dolores Sepulveda received the land that we now call Rancho Palos Verdes and started to colonize it. This is the reason why Terranea has a lovely Mediterranean architecture and atmosphere.
In fact, it’s so amazingly beautiful and European that it’s no wonder the resort is preferred by celebrities and movie producers alike. If you stay here, it will be like no other experience in the world. The Terranea Resort has been the backdrop for films such as Pirates of the Caribbean, Charlie’s Angels, Lethal Weapon, The Aviator, and Pearl Harbor. Therefore, it is highly likely that, during your stay, you will either witness a movie or TV show being shot and meet its celebrities.
Apart from Terranea’s rooms, casitas, suites, bungalows, and villas, you can also enjoy an entire plethora of facilities:
- The three pools: A family one, 5,000 square feet in size, an adult pool, which goes by the name of Cielo Point, and a spa pool for those who come here for spa treatments.
- The spa: which sprawls on an unbelievable 50,000 square feet. Therefore, if you want some pampering on your holiday, this is the place to go. It has 25 separate rooms, a yoga studio, and a place for pilates, both with oceanfront vistas.
- The golf course is a nine-hole one, and it too stands right in front of the ocean, so that you can see the waves crash while you play. The fee amounts to $27 per person.
- Other adventures: Hiking trails all around the estate, a Kid’s Club, paddleboarding, ocean kayaking, watersports.
As far as restaurants go, the offers are unbelievable as well, making Terranea resort a pure haven for foodies. The main thing you need to know is that almost all the food and ingredients at Terranea are farmed locally and organically. That’s why they developed the concept of Farm to Terranea.
- Mar’Sel is the signature restaurant.
- Nelson’s offers casual cuisine, with meals such as lobster tacos, jumbo pretzels, calamari, chips and guacamole, and everything in between.
- Bashi is the place to go for Asian cookery.
- Sea Beans Coffee & Sweets Shop for those who have an appetite for oversized cookies filled with gelato.
Apart from all the facilities which the Terranea Resort can offer, there are some complimentary activities, which will make your stay even better.
- Falconry, which they use to keep away the seagulls and which you can enjoy while you are there.
- A secluded beach cove for romantic moments.
- They also offer trained naturalists to guide you on the hiking trails.
- A fitness center.
- Yoga and Pilates classes on a daily basis.
- Tea and coffee services to your room.
- Wireless, high-speed internet in all the rooms.
- The transportation on site to all the venues mentioned above.
- Delivery of the newspaper to your room every day.
You can get to Los Angeles at the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) or the Long Beach Airport (LGB). From there, it’s a 40-minute drive by car to the Terranea Resort. You can rent a car or bring your own. Terranea stands at 100 Terranea Way, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275.
Main Attractions Around Terranea Resort
If you’re looking for some attractions other than what the resort has to offer, you can always go to Disneyland for some family fun in the happiest place on earth. You can also visit the celebrities in Hollywood, seeing as it’s so close to the resort. Or you can go into the city and have some urban fun in Downtown LA, that is at a mere 30 miles distance from the resort.
Free rides to Trump Golf Course if you’re interested in meeting the President. It will be easy to get there since the resort also offers complimentary rides within five miles of them, that includes the Trump Golf Course and the Los Verdes Country Club for tennis or shopping.
The Terranea Resort is a Hollywood style dream come true for food lovers, people who love spas, yoga and fitness classes in the quiet of the ocean, and, of course, golfers. Not only that, but it’s also a haven for nature lovers and people who simply want to kick back and relax as the day is long on their vacation. If you ever find yourself in Los Angeles, you can also check out the Bel Air. Have you ever been to Terranea? Tell us all about your experience in the comments below!